Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So There Is This Guy.....

That I'm going to the other side of the world to see....

As I type this I don't think it has fully hit me that in less then 24 hours I will be in SFO on my way to Myanmar. So many emotions are stirring in me at once that for the last couple days it as been quite a draining time, but I mean this in the best way possible. As departure time draws nearer the harder it has been to focus (it's a good thing day dreaming of white sand beaches isn't the worst thing in the world ;) More than once in the last week have I found myself starring at a teacher like I'm paying perfect attention but then realizing I haven't heard a single thing they've said in the last 5 minutes because my mind is away in a far off land. Or looking up the weather there (90's) when I'm about to go out in the icy wind of the Pacific North West.

So Myanmar, who would have thought!? If you would have told me last year that I'd be going to Myanmar to spend time with one amazing man, who is a US Marine, that I met in Chile.... I would have laughed in your face.... Well past Aubrey it's true, I know I pinched myself, we're not dreaming.

So I just wanted to fill you guys in! The next big adventure is about to commence! And I couldn't be more excited. I haven't seen Bryan in over 3 months (oh hey, we have an anniversary on sat!), and while I'm a little anxious my excitement for our time together trumps all. I just finished up packing and let me say I'm proud of my mad packing skills. Just my school backpack, my small blue suitcase and me will be getting on that plane (not checking a bag because if it gets lost anywhere.... that would be terrible). Don't worry I'll have my camera (It is me, you know!) Hahaha, pretty much every person I've said bye too's last words have been "Take lots of pictures!" Oh you know it! Look at where I'm going!!! Bryan Solis you have outdone yourself! I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

Bagan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagan

Inle Lake: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Inle+Lake&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=frFOT8uqE-vWiAK21JiMCw&biw=1280&bih=603&sei=jrFOT9HxDJP-iQKCsZC2Cw

Ngapali: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Ngapali&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=k69OT6PSD-rYiAK4hvGhCw&biw=1280&bih=603&sei=kLBOT6m5JOWXiQLso7iBCw

As funny as this may sound, and I know I won't be gone that long, but I miss you a lot of you guys already. I'll try to update as much as I can and I can't wait to share my stories and pictures with you all upon my return stateside. Everyone I have talked to has been so supportive and encouraging to me as I've been preparing for this trip, and I just can't tell you how grateful I am for your thoughts and prayers!

Much love to you all and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment